Do you want to be a part of the green software movement?
If you want to make your software applications more sustainable and build a career in green software, then this training is for you. It will teach you how to build, maintain and run greener applications irrespective of the application domain, industry, organization size or type, programming language, or framework.
If you pass the associated exam, it comes with a certificate of completion from the Linux Foundation. Some employers have created forms to facilitate the administration of credits for completing this course. If your employer is in this list, please click on your organization name to register your credits. If your organization would like to add their form to the list, please get in touch with our team at email@example.com.
What is a software practitioner?
A software practitioner is anyone who is involved in the practice of building, deploying, or managing a software application. This includes but is not limited to the following:
- Dev Ops
- Product Managers
- UX Designers
How do you get the best out of this course?
- Have at least one year of industry experience building, deploying, or managing software applications.
- Complete each section in order from start to finish.
- Complete the knowledge checks at the end of each section.
- If you would like to gain a certificate of completion, take the exam through the Linux Foundation.
By the end of this training, you will understand the following:
- The core drivers of carbon emissions for software applications.
- The 3 actions you can take to reduce the carbon emissions of your software.
- How to measure software emissions using the Greenhouse Gas (GHG) protocol or the Software Carbon Intensity (SCI) specification.
- The different types of corporate climate targets so you can align your green software proposals to help meet your organization's public commitments.
Who created this training?
The training is open source and creative commons, the source for this site can be found on our GitHub https://github.com/Green-Software-Foundation/training.